Marian Newman has 20+ years experience in training and education. Teaching beginners, professional and media demonstrations through to the development of extensive education programs, Marian has proved herself to be an all round expert in this field.
2010 sees Marian return to the field of education. She says: “2010 is proving to be a time of consolidation and growth in the whole nail market. A new set of National Occupation Standards come into force this year and the Government is supporting and promoting the Apprenticeship program. All of these movements demonstrate that NOW is the time to improve the quality of training in the nail services sector and encourage world class skills in the emerging technicians. It is also time to provide improved post graduate training and provide solid commercial solutions for business wanting to provide the best quality services in their nail offering.”
Marian Newman Nails is offering a consultancy in 3 distinct areas:
Industry training providers.
For companies already offering a level of nail services training, MNN can offer a bespoke service that will assist the provision of an improved delivery of training and, if required, methods of integrating formal qualifications into an existing educational ethos. This service could be as little as general advise and suggestions through to the development of a total education program to include formal qualifications and provision of the Apprenticeship scheme. Input could be provided from as little as a 1 day workshop/conference to on-going support, teacher training and evaluation. For distribution companies, such a program could offer the complete customer service from beginners to improvers and also solutions to staffing issues.
Companies with a ‘nail services team’.
Commercial success in salon and spa chains and smaller organisations depend on the quality of treatments and staff skills and knowledge. Client retention is key to the building of a solid customer base. This can only be achieved by world class staff. The chequered history of training within the sector often shows in mediocre skills in the available workforce. Internal evaluation, training needs analysis, training provision and on-going improvement is a business solution that will pay for itself in an increased customer base and PR opportunities. MNN can use its team to provide these solutions at a level appropriate to the organisation.
Marian Newman Training Courses
A service for groups, individuals and organisations where specific short courses are offered as a post graduate ‘Finishing School’. Examples of these: · Creating the Image of Perfection. A short course focusing on ‘perfect’ nails every time and culminating in a series of photographic images for use as salon posters, marketing materials etc · The Perfect Manicure. A more in-depth look at the knowledge and skills required to underpin a deeper understanding of the most important service for the technician. This is an advanced and post graduate approach that is not taught! There is no set menu associated with MNN Consultancy. All courses, solutions and programs are bespoke and relate to the specific organisation only. (Discretion and client confidentiality is assured) For further information and/or discussion please contact Marian directly at email@example.com Our preferred partner for marketing, business and beauty training is: http://www.gmtbeautytraining.co.uk/
Brief CV on educational experience
- Late 2010 3rd edition of The Complete Nail Technician to be published
- 2004-current Chairperson of Nail Services Forum, Habia with involvement in on-going development of Occupational Standards
- 2003-current Habia Committee as nail expert
- March 2010 Interviewed as ‘industry legend’ on seminar stage Professional Beauty London
- Feb 2009 Chaired The Big Nail Debate at Pro Beauty London
- Early ‘90’s-current Organiser of international nail competitions
- Judge: Nailympics
- Judge: Pro Beauty Nail Professional of the Year
- Judge: Pro Beauty international nail competitions
- 2003-current Author of many educational articles for Scratch Magazine under ‘Marian Speaks’ and ‘Marian Newman Speaks Out’
- 2006 Author (with Habia) of Nail Services Learning Support Materials
- 2005 Publication of 2nd edition of The Complete Nail Technician (4 reprints)
- 2002 Publication of The Complete Nail Technician (2 reprints)
- 1997-2001 Technical and Training Director of UBP Ltd responsible for creation of education program, several 1000 students per year, training team of 20+ teachers for UK and several other countries
- 1995-1997 Consultant for several nail companies on their training offering
- 1994-1997 Principal of Hertfordshire Training Centre providing private courses and as satellite centre for Hertford Regional College (E Herts College) for YTS program
- 1993-1995 Teaching all nail courses at Hertford Regional College
- 1994-1995 Achieved C&G Teachers Cert, Internal Verifiers and APL Advisor qualification
- Early ‘90’s Nail advisor on Steering Committee for HBTTB on development of first Standards and introduction of NVQ’s
- Continued role with subsequent industry authority: BIA
- Early 90’s 3 times elected President of International Nail Association